- April 15, 2018.
- no responses.
A website is one of the first impressions that customers have of your company, so it is very important that you find everything in order and tailored to their needs. In fact, you have very little time to get the users’ attention before they leave your page, since according to some studies, people only read 20% of the words on a website; so if your page has a bad web design and does not have a clear message or a call to action, users will leave immediately.
However, in this article we will list some steps and very simple tips that you can carry out now to optimize and improve your website. Take note!
1. You must “humanize” your online presence. Avoid as much as you can the corporate image and the very formal treatment with the client, since people tend to like more when they feel in a more familiar and comfortable environment.
2. Add a value proposition! In this way you communicate to your visitors what you do and why you do it. So make sure it is completely visible to everyone on the home page and also on your blog and social networks, so your users will know exactly what they will get if they hire you, if they buy your product, if they read your blog, etc.
3. Make sure there are no problems with navigation. The website should be sufficiently well organized and should clearly show where to find what users are looking for as soon as they enter the site, without having to click on many buttons. The fewer clicks, the better.
4. Slow loading? We all get impatient when it takes more than 5 seconds to connect to a website. When a page does not load fast enough, it’s more likely that we will abandon it immediately. Usually this has to do with technical problems, so you should also make sure that everything goes well in this aspect.
5. Too much text and small letters are a big problem. There is no need to explain this; large blocks of text are very boring and with small print is just excessive. Use short paragraphs with descriptive titles and subtitles.
6. Make it highlight the text of the call to action Once you have the users on your website interested in what you do, you should tell them what you want them to do next using the CTA. Highlight the buttons with texts like “Download it now”, “Get a free sample”, “Subscribe” and so on, to make them stand out from the rest of the elements of the web.
7. Give them information about you or your brand By adding a section of “Who we are” to your website, you will be giving visitors a reason to trust you more or a point of reference. The more they know about you or your brand, the more confidence they will have!
8. Mobile-friendly Today more than ever people use their smartphones to surf the Internet, so it is very important that you have your website adapted to the mobile version.
9. Don’t let your users reach a dead end in your web! Keep them always moving and always indicate them what to do next with links or contact forms. It’s also a good idea to include the name of the landing page in the link so the user know where will go once make click.
We hope that with these simple steps you are already on track to get a much more comfortable website for your clients.
Do you know any other tip that can improve a website? We would love to read it in the comments below!